Thursday, July 18, 2013

Disneyland 2013 Part 5

Apparently my video of World of Color just doesn't want to upload to anything but Facebook! (Or any other video for that matter! Not sure what's going on with the blog website...) All the video's are available on my timeline if you want to watch them. Everything really was spectacular! So our final day was Sunday. We had ridden every ride that we wanted to ride (with the exception of the Buzz Lightyear ride that Seth had wanted to do since the very first day that we were there!) We decided to not worry about what time we got to the park because we had one ride to go on, and some souvenir shopping to do. Otherwise, the whole point was to let the girls watch Fantasmic one last time! We slept in, and then we went down to the pool for about an hour or two and just relaxed. Amelia splashed around in the kiddie wade pool while Lilly and Kenzi swam around. Even Seth got in and played with the girls for a while! After swimming it was nap time! We figured Amelia deserved to nap in a bed at least ONCE that week! So we let her sleep and didn't rush to get to the park.

Sleeping Beauty and Beast. ;)

They finally woke up so we got to head to the park for our final afternoon in Disneyland.
Here are the girls Monkeying around!

We got to the park and did some souvenir shopping. The girls picked out their costumes (we made the stupid mistake of telling them they could pick out one thing that they really wanted...what they wanted was a full outfit and bow...little did we know just HOW MUCH those things cost! My pocketbook is still raw from the shafting that we got! But, they loved it and are still loving their gifts, so it wasn't a total bust!) As for Amelia, we figured the big girls got ears, it was only fair that Amelia get her very own pair. (plus she got a key chain with her name on it)

 After our shopping we decided it was time to get our seats for Fantasmic, so we went to the restaurant that is right by the show and got a front seat table! We stayed there for the rest of the time and ate dinner there. The girls got their chicken nuggets and fries with milk. Seth got some fish and chips that were not very good according to him, and I got a corn dog that was acceptable...but SOOOO not worth the $7.19 that it cost me! (and no, I'm not exaggerating!)

 Here are some pictures from Fantasmic on that final night!

 After the show we were going to head across to Tomorrow Land so that they could ride the Buzz Lightyear ride. (They tried earlier in the day and it shut down! Technical difficulties plagued us those last three days!)
Seth and the girls LOVED the ride! They would have gone over and over again!

After that it was time for some Adult shopping! Seth REALLY wanted to get a Star Wars shirt, and so we went to the shop that is attached to the Star Tours ride. (which by the way, is really cool!)

 I had to get a picture of this one because I absolutely LOVED this shirt! 
I smiled every time I saw it!

I ended up getting a night shirt and a hat for myself. I finally spent the quarters that I was given after my Grandpa Howard died. I just hadn't been able to bring myself to spend it, but he always loved Disneyland and I thought it was fitting that I should spend it there.

As we headed out we saw this cool old fire truck, so we got a picture of the girls on it. :)

 It may seem like a stupid tradition, but I have always taken a picture outside the train station. It was the perfect way to say goodbye to Disneyland!

After we tried to take the picture ourselves, we were approached by a Disney worker who kindly offered to take the picture for us! Some of the people are so nice there!

I can not begin to express how grateful we were to take that trip. Such amazing memories were made! We can't wait to go back when Lilly turns 8! We went back to the hotel for our final night before a very long drive home!

We stopped at In-N-Out burger to see what all the fuss was about....
must's about as over rated as Five Guys!
For a fast food burger it wasn't bad, but over all...I give it a meh.
 Sunset from the road. I drove to just past Sacramento where we stopped at Red Robin for dinner, then Seth took over for the drive. He ended up driving through the night and I took a nap for a couple hours.

 We arrived home around 5am, the big girls went straight upstairs to bed and went immediately back to sleep. Seth and I unloaded the car and eventually Amelia passed back out...
of course it was on my leg!
 Where else would you nap but on Mom's leg?
She and I went upstairs to sleep for a few more hours and in that time the big girls woke back up and FINALLY got to try on their costumes!

Seth tried to get me to come downstairs, I was just so tired that I couldn't do it! 
Thankfully he took my phone and took some really cute pictures and video!
Lilly as Merida

 Kenzi in her costume shooting arrows!

Smiley Faced Merida's!

Serious Faced Merida's!

Last but not least: Goofy Faced Merida's!

I have to say, it made me very happy that they picked the most "Independent Spirited" Princess to have for their costumes! (Did you know they don't even carry Mulan costumes anymore? They said there wasn't enough movement because people didn't want them...crazy! I love that movie! Talk about a warrior princess!) And so ends this journey! I'm sure there will be much more to blog about over the summer! This is so much better than trying to explain stuff on Facebook, so I think I will try to do more of this! We really did have a GREAT time and I am so glad that we took the trip! I'm so excited to see how they react the next time we go too!

No comments:

Post a Comment