Monday, August 30, 2010

Updates



So this year has flown by and it's almost been a year since I updated the blog. I know I'm not very good at it, but I do have a legit reason for my absence. In January my Grandma passed away leaving us without our rent paid, and me without a job. It got REALLY hard there for a bit, selling our plasma to make rent, or get food. Thankfully, Seth is back working, at least for now, so it's been nice to have a steady paycheck for 2 months! Because of the lack of work for me, I decided that it was time to go back to school. I started Spring term of 2010 and just completed my second term. I will be applying for nursing school this year! :) Please keep us in your prayers, we could really use getting into nursing school so that we can have one steady paycheck year round.

Kenzi is starting Kindergarten in two weeks, I can hardly believe that my baby is old enough to be in school! She is so thrilled to be going back to Young Learners for another year. They might be relatively expensive, but I know that she will get the education and the one on one time with the teacher that she needs to excel. She is so incredibly smart, and beautiful that it amazes me. She took a gymnastics class over the summer and LOVED it, so now we are looking for a gymnastics academy for her. She is also enrolled in a ballet/tap class through New Visions Dance Studio and she is LOVING it. The teachers there are so wonderful and it's made her so much less clumsy, gotta say, I am loving the fact that she's getting less bruises! :)

Lilly, what can I say about Lilly. She is starting to talk a bit more, which is good, we were concerned there for a bit because she wasn't talking much at all and was not willing to sign either. But now she's doing both which is AWESOME! She is starting to get her canine teeth, so she's been a bit grumpy from that, but her level of grumpy, has NOTHING on Kenzi's! We will be celebrating Lilly's second birthday next month, and I can hardly believe it! My baby will be two!

Life is hard, but life is good. We are all doing well, I am still a teacher at church, I teach the CTR 6 class, and while I admit that most days, I hate it, there are times when it is rewarding. Seth is happy to be working. I have a part time job too, I go in when I have free time so my schedule is very flexible. I love it! I work as an executive assistant for a financial adviser, it's mostly filing and computer work, but hey, it's a paycheck! I have my trip to Hawaii all paid for, so now it's just saving up the "fun" money for while I am there. I love the fact that Seth is letting me go and have a week to myself, he really is such a good man! We've been together over 7 years now and I love him more and more every day!

We recently did family photos, so hopefully I'll have those to put up soon. Hopefully I will be able to update this a bit more now that my school schedule won't be full of highly intensive classes. I'll do my best!

No comments:

Post a Comment